Ayrshire Smiles is aimed at all those involved in tourism-related businesses and organisations, whether an employee, volunteer or student. The initiative offered by Ayrshire & Arran Tourism Team provides wide ranging benefits to visitors, staff and businesses. Designed as an inspiring, engaging and truly informative online course it can be used as a stand alone training programme or can be incorporated to enhance existing in-house or external training.
Benefits for the business
• Businesses benefit from a motivated, informed, knowledgeable and skilled team
• The ability to provide and receive recommendations and improve cross selling opportunities
• Increase potential to welcome new and repeat visitors through improved satisfaction
Here is a selection of the types of businesses that can benefit:
• Visitor attractions, museums and arts venues
• Accommodation providers - individual Bed & Breakfasts, guest houses, hotels, holiday parks and resorts
• Golf courses, leisure facilities, activity providers and marinas • Retail and hospitality providers - shops, restaurants, cafes and tea rooms
Businesses that show commitment to service excellence through participating in Ayrshire Smiles receive recognition too. When 70% or more of a business' customer facing staff complete the training successfully the business can request to be awarded Ayrshire Smiles business recognition status and receive window display sticker to display on its premises. For small businesses of 3 or less, such as some Bed and Breakfast providers, then business recognition is available upon 1 person completing the training.
Tourism and hospitality businesses seeking to use Ayrshire Smiles for staff training can have their team members register as individual trainees via this website. Alternatively businesses can enquire via our Contact Us form and a member of the Ayrshire Smiles team will be in touch to discuss options for signing up multiple trainees.